| Department of Logic
ul. Stanisława Moniuszki 16
87-100 Toruń, Poland
phone +48 56-611: 3102, 3103, 4687, 4688, 4689
The Fifth Conference:
Non-Classical Logic. Theory and Applications
September 27–29, 2012; Toruń, Poland
The Conference is organized by Department of Logic at Nicolaus Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland.
This is the fifth conference on this topic. The first, second and fourth editions of Conference were organized by Departament of Logic and Methodology at Lodz University. The third edition
was organized by Department of Logic at NCU in Toruń. The thematic
range of the conference remains the same: theories of nonclassical
logics (modal, many-valued, temporal, paraconsistent, epistemic,
deontic, substructural, and nonmonotonic logic) and their applications
in computer science, artificial intelligence, formal linguistics,
cognitive studies, as well as to the deeper analysis of traditional
- Invited speakers
- Diderik Batens – Ghent University, Belgium
- Marie Duľí – VŠB-Technical University Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Pavel Materna – Academy of Sciences of Czech Republic Prague and Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
- Yaroslav Shramko –
Kryvyi Rih National University, Ukraine
- Jan Woleński – Uniwersytet Jagielloński, Kraków, Poland
- Marek Nasieniewski, Nicolaus Copernicus University – chair
- Tomasz Jarmużek, Nicolaus Copernicus University – co-chair
- Rafał Gruszczyński, Nicolaus Copernicus University
- Andrzej Indrzejczak, University of Lodz
- Janusz Kaczmarek, University of Lodz
- Grzegorz Malinowski, University of Lodz
- Jacek Malinowski, Nicolaus Copernicus University
- Krystyna Mruczek-Nasieniewska, Nicolaus Copernicus University
- Maciej Nowicki, Nicolaus Copernicus University
- Rafał Palczewski, Nicolaus Copernicus University
- Andrzej Pietruszczak, Nicolaus Copernicus University
- Rafał Palczewski,
- Conference publications
- Papers presented at the conference will be published in Logic and Logical Philosophy.
- Logic and Logical Philosophy, edited by
Department of Logic and published by The Nicolaus Copernicus University
Press, is an international journal chiefly devoted to philosophical
logic and philosophy resulting from the application of logical tools to
philosophical problems. Other logical topics and applications of logic
to related disciplines are not excluded. The editors' aim is to publish
well-written papers presenting new and important research results in
the above mentioned disciplines. From 2006, the journal has appeared
- Important dates
- Deadline for submissions (including an abstract in English): June 30, 2012
- Deadline for registration: July 15, 2012
- Deadline for payment: August 1, 2012
- Conference: September 27–29, 2012
- Conference map
- The conference venue, Collegium Minus, is home
to the Faculty of Humanities, NCU. Collegium Minus is located in the
old town, in the very centre of the city of Toruń, on 1a Fosa
Staromiejska Street. The map shows locations
of other important places (hotel, dormitories, railway stations) as
- Fee and accommodation
- The event is planned to take place in the Old
Town—one of the best preserved gothic residential complexes in
northern Europe, with many tenement houses retaining their original
interior arrangement. We believe that the unique charm of the Old Town
as well as the pleasant atmosphere and comfort of hotels will make your
stay in Toruń an unforgettable experience.
- To get to hotels one can just take a taxi.
Some taxi companies allows paying with the help of payment cards.
You can also take a bus. The bus stop is located just outside of the
railway station (one have to go through the tunnel and afterwards go
straight ahead). To get to the University Hotel (address: Szosa
Chełmińska 83) you can take a bus 27 and take off at the forth bus stop
after crossing the Wisła river.
The hotel is on the other side of the street.
To get to Gromada Hotel (address: Żeglarska Street 10/14) you can take
a bus 22 or 27 and take the first bus stop after crossing the river.
Then one should
tern right (with respect to the direction of movement of your bus).
The hotel is more or less 500m away, a little bit on the right (you can go along Kopernika street and reach a big church - Ss. Johns' church and then tern right).
While just a little bit on the left one can see the conference venue -
For details see the map.
- To get to the conference venue from the University
Hotel you can take bus 27 (the bus stop to downtown is on the same site
as the hotel) and take off on the forth bus stop (counting the initial
bus stop as zero).
After taking off one can see the conference venue on the other site of
- Conference fee: 200 euro. It
covers accommodation in a hotel (2 nights September 27/28 and 28/29,
shared double room), full board, conference dinner, coffee/tea
during the conference and conference materials. For other possible options (single room, additional overnight, etc) please contact Rafał Palczewski (email@example.com).
Registration on the first day of the conference
12:00-13:00, Collegium Minus, "Harmonijka", room IX, 1st floor.
- Scholars and students who are not able to get
sufficient support from their home sources are encouraged to apply for reduced conference fee by writing the organizers.
- Payment details:
- receiver: Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, Toruń
bank: Bank Millenium S.A. Warsaw
account number: 45 1160 2202 0000 0000 3174 8579
SWIFT (international only): BIG B PL PW
IBAN (international only): PL 45 1160 2202 0000 0000 3174 8579
transfer name: Logiki nieklasyczne, your name
- Payment deadline is August 1, 2012.
- The conference program
- The third edition
- Previous edition